Dr Anthony Anker
DR ANTHONY ANKER, BDS BScDent (Hons) MDS FRACDS (OMS)
Dr Anker was born in Sydney and after High School attended the University of Sydney Faculty of Dentistry, graduating in 1976.
He then served with the RAAF before resigning his full time commission after being accepted for specialist surgical training in the conjoint training program run by the University of Adelaide and the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Dr Anker holds degrees from The University of Adelaide and a surgical fellowship in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from the RACDS.
After training in Australia and overseas he began private practice and held public hospital appointments with The Illawarra Area Health Service and the South East Sydney Area Health Service for twenty years. He is married and has three children.
During his time in specialist practice he has served on a number of State and National committees involved in the running of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Australia as well as being a mentor and lecturer to trainee doctors preparing to sit for their final examinations.
He was appointed to the Court of Examiners RACDS in 2000.
As well as carrying out the full range of Dento-alveolar surgery including third molar (wisdom tooth) removal, he has considerable experience in the treatment of jaw and facial fractures and jaw pathology.
After further training overseas, his areas of particular interest are the surgical management of Jaw and Facial deformity (Orthognathic surgery) and Temporomandibular Joint surgery.
Dr Anker is a member of:
- ADA – Australian Dental Association
- RACDS – Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons
- ANZAOMS – The Australian and New Zealand Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- AAOMS – The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- IAOMS – International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- ACMFS – European Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery (past member)
- AHPRA – Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency