Dr Tristan Madden
DR TRISTAN MADDEN
Tristan Madden is a Specialist Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with qualifications in both Medicine and Dentistry.
Originally from Sydney, he undertook studies for his Bachelor of Dental Surgery at the University of Otago New Zealand, graduating with Distinction and the Gold Medal for excellence in Clinical Dentistry in 1997.
After graduation, he pursued early interests in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the United Kingdom before commencing speciality training in 2003. Tristan trained as both a medical doctor and as a surgeon in Melbourne, Victoria being awarded a Postgraduate Clinical Diploma in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery from the University of Melbourne, School of Dentistry in 2008.
He was awarded his Specialist Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (OMS) in 2010 and over the following two years undertook two clinical subspecialty fellowships to further his training in corrective jaw surgery and cranio-maxillofacial surgery and trauma, firstly at the Royal Melbourne Hospital, then in London, at the prestigious King’s College Hospital, one of Europe’s largest trauma hospitals.
Dr Madden returned to commence private practice in Sydney in 2012, and practices the full scope of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, which includes the surgical removal of wisdom teeth and minor oral surgery.
Dr Madden has significant experience and subspecialty interests in:
- Orthognathic (jaw) Surgery both for Dento-Facial Deformity and Obstructive Sleep Apnoea
- Cranio-Maxillofacial Trauma – Facial trauma
- Dental Implants for single tooth and full mouth rehabilitation
Dr Madden is one of only a small number of maxillofacial surgeons in Sydney that currently holds a public hospital Visiting Medical Officer appointment. He is appointed to both the Prince of Wales and Sydney Children’s Hospital, Randwick where he maintains an active role in teaching the next generation of maxillofacial surgeons. In addition, he works closely with a number of Sydney’s leading sleep and respiratory units including the Woolcock Institute, in the management of obstructive sleep apnoea.
Dr Madden is a member of:
- ADA – Australian Dental Association
- RACDS – Royal Australian College of Dental Surgeons
- ANZAOMS – The Australian and New Zealand Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- AMA – Australian Medical Association
- IAOMS – International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- EACMFS – European Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- AHPRA – Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- ITI – The International Team for Implantology