How to book a consultation
Consultations can be made by calling our friendly administration team on 9526 1133.
What to bring to consultation
- As a specialist medical practice you will need to bring a referral letter from your dentist, orthodontist or doctor.
- For any dental consultations you will also need to bring a current OPG x-ray (shown above). The x-ray must be labelled with your name, date of birth and date the x-ray was taken. Please be advised if you forget to bring your x-ray and/or referral you will need to be re-appointed.
- Your Medicare Card, Veterans Affairs Card and your Private Health Fund details.
- If you have a Centre Link Health Care Card you may be eligible for treatment in a Public Hospital. If you think this is relevant please inform our staff at the time of your appointment or when making your booking.
- A completed medical history form
Prior to the Consultation
- You will receive a phone call or SMS text message a day or two prior to your consultation to confirm you are still attending the consultation and that you have all the required documentation.
At the Consultation
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled consultation time so you can complete the medical history form (which asks for personal details such as address, contact numbers, medicare numbers, health fund details, previous surgeries, illnesses and medications).
- Your surgeon will discuss the reason for your referral, undertake examination of both you and your x-rays and discuss your treatment options.
- If you elect to undergo surgery, Hospital Consent forms will be also be completed at this time.
- Please be advised that NO surgical treatment will be undertaken at the initial consultation.
After the Consultation
- If surgery is required our administration staff will make the relevant bookings on your behalf.
- Payment for the consultation is required at time of consultation, once payment is made we can lodge the claim with Medicare Online on your behalf and the Medicare rebate will go directly to your bank account. Your Health Fund does not contribute towards the cost of the consultation.