Dentoalveolar Surgery involves that part of the jaw that contains, or has contained teeth. Dentoalveolar surgery may include the following conditions:
- Impacted Teeth (including Third Molars or ‘Wisdom’ teeth);
- Exposure of Impacted Teeth (surgery to assist Orthodontic Treatment);
- Dental Implant Surgery (including soft and hard tissue grafting);
- Surgery to treat infected teeth following root canal treatment (Apical Surgery);
- Surgery prior to dentures (Pre-prosthetic Surgery);
- Surgery for benign jaw pathology eg cysts, frenectomy, exostoses.